Urban Alarm is a fast growing security company serving customers from private residences to the US ARMY to your neighborhood hardware store and coffee shop. We are seeking an experienced security system installation technician to take a leadership role in the delivery of our security alarm, access control, and IP video services.
This position is on a track for a DC Master Electrician Limited Low Voltage license. You will be trained and supported in obtaining other DC, MD, and VA licenses.
As a rapidly growing company, we offer virtually unlimited opportunity for growth and advancement. Professionals who demonstrate their abilities to deliver and lead will thrive.
We provide excellent benefits:
- Company contribution to CareFirst heath insurance
- Aflac / disability insurance, and 401k
- Company vehicle or mileage reimbursement
- Performance based bonuses / profit sharing
- Cell phone service reimbursement
- Employee owned tool allowance and advances
Training opportunities and licensing support are available in all areas as we are committed to the professional growth of our employees.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- The work includes intrusion alarm systems, commercial fire alarm, access control, intercom / telephone entry systems, and IP video surveillance.
- Prepare for installations by reviewing installation orders and gathering equipment, supplies, and tools.
- Plan security/fire alarm installations by surveying and evaluating location, identifying alarm installation requirements, and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establish security/fire alarm system by installing equipment, running and pulling wiring, programming and calibrating equipment, as well as adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
- Verify security/fire alarm system functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals as well as identify and correct problems.
- Maintain records by documenting installation.
- Maintain customer rapport by resolving concerns and answering questions.
- Maintain safe and secure work environment by following safe practices and keeping security information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications and working with demonstration products.
- Able to work with the following technologies: DMP, Exacq IP Video, Brivo Access Control, GE/ITI, DSC, Honeywell, Videofied, and more.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in the installation and servicing of low-voltage systems in residential and commercial environments; effective communication with customer; system documentation; coordinate deployments with customer and company office. Special consideration will be given to candidates with NICET certifications and other professional licensing and credentials. (6/13)